Esther Martínez: paediatrician and mum
Paediatrician, expert in Acupuncture by Harvard Medical School and professor at the M.S. in Acupuncture of the University of Barcelona.
As a health professional I want to provide an Integrative Medicine, combining Eastern and Western medical knowledge (Chinese and Japanese Acupuncture) to solve, relieve and prevent both children’s and mums’ physical and emotional health issues. Acupuncture has been the piece of the puzzle I was missing in order to understand and treat my patients. The human body, a perfect machine, is able to to solve and relieve many of your ailments by its own means, you only need to press the right buttons. I thank my husband and my three kids for their support, because of them I have learnt much of what I know now.
I have more than 5 years of experience as a paediatrician of primary health care and I perform Acupuncture for children since 2011. I also publish paediatrics informative contents for parents since 2008 in Mapfre and DKV web pages. I am the professor of the subject “Paediatric Acupuncture” at the M.S. in Acupuncture of the University of Barcelona. Moreover, I selflessly collaborate with the Fundades Hogares Nuevo Futuro NGO looking after babies under two years who have been abandoned in Lima, Peru.
- Official Medical Association of Barcelona (Number: 37 747)
- Member of the Spanish Society of Paediatrics (AEPED).
- Member of the Catalonian Society of Paediatrics (SCPED).
- Member of the Acadèmia de Cièncias Mèdiques de Catalunya i Balears.
- Member of the Societat d’Acupuntura Mèdica de Catalunya Balears.
- Member of the college section of acupuncture physicians of the Official Medical Association of Barcelona
- Member of the PedCAM: Paediatric Research of Complementary and Alternative Medicine and Education Network
- “The International Structural Acupuncture Course for Physicians: A Palpation Based Approach” Harvard Medical School. Boston, USA. 2013-2014
- Master’s Degree in Medical Acupuncture University of Barcelona (UB). Spain. 2009-2012
- Training period in Paediatric Allergology Vall d’ Hebron University Hospital. Barcelona, Spain. 2007-2008
- Residency in Paediatrics Vall d’ Hebron University Hospital. Barcelona, Spain. 2003-2007
- Graduate in Medicine and Surgery Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Spain. 1996-2002